NOW TRENDING ✨
- All the accessories: More is more this Summer and I’m here for it! From an article published in Apartment Therapy, “Our new Zoom lifestyle brought with it the need for styled backdrops and social media moments, and those added accessories are here to stay,” say Everick and Lisa Brown, the husband-wife design duo behind Everick Brown Design. “Our clients are looking for ways to add pops of color and dimension to a room, which is driving the demand for art, books, objects, and accents.”
- Worn wood tones: Think vintage, Grand-millenial style. Have you heard of it? Good news is it might save us some money when it comes to new furniture. Time to put our DIY glasses on and refurbish some old furniture from Grandma’s house!
- Wallpaper is back and it’s here to stay (for awhile anyways). People are using wallpaper everywhere and if you’re afraid of the commitment, look for temporary options. It makes a great Zoom backdrop, statement wall in the office, can glam up a dingy half bath and even looks great in dining spaces or nurseries.
- Eye Catching Stone: From kitchen countertops to tabletops and accessories, stone is popping up everywhere this year.
- Entertaining Essentials: People are ready to PARTY. Even if it’s on the patio with 3 close friends, the desire to entertain has hit maximum levels ladies and gents! Entertainment essentials can also double as stylish decor. Think acrylic ice buckets, serving trays and fun colored glasses displayed in a cabinet or on open shelving. Wine bottle chillers and Insta worthy dishes behind the bar.
- Calming Colors: Okay with the accessory overload, wallpaper comeback, and entertaining pieces – the calm colors may be what we need to balance it all out! But the real reason is the desire to bring the feel of outdoors in. After last year, people are all about the great outdoors and I agree!
What is your favorite Summer home trend?